Here’s the Facts:
- I am an only child. I was the only grandchild for about 20 years. Yes, I am spoiled.
- I walk with a limp. I wear a prosthesis on my right leg as a result of a birth defect. His name is Jason after the monster in the Friday the 13th movies. Long story…
- I currently drive a silver 2007 PT Cruiser named Petey.
- I was single until my 40’s. Married in 2009. Very glad I waited for God’s timing as my husband is HOT.
- I am American with a lot of Cuban in the mix thanks to my padres. This means I speak “Spanglish” when I am upset and often start whining in one language and finish in the other.
- I taught high school language arts and speech at my alma mater for 17 years. No, I am not crazy (at least not clinically.)
- I am addicted to Fiber One Chocolate and Oats Granola Bars. I consider them a health food.
- I do not drink coffee…. (Yes, I am still human, baristas.) I like chamomile tea.
- I was born in Long Island, NY and moved to Florida when I was 5. Mickey Mouse is my friend.
- My favorite movie is “The Princess Bride.” (Favorite Line: “Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam…”)
- I think David Crowder is a musical genius.
- I am a night owl married to a man who wakes up at 5AM. Thus, I am sleep deprived. Pray for me!
13. I love to read — mostly Christian non-fiction. Yes, I am the nerdy girl reading in the corner of the room.
- My favorite form of exercise is swimming. I do not like to sweat.
- My mom is a CPA, and my dad is a process server. Rules were a big thing at our house.
- I never met my paternal grandparents. They died in Cuba when I was very young. Fidel Castro takes the fall for this one. Don’t ask my dad about it — he will talk to you for hours and hours….
- My dad reminds me of Fred Flinstone — picture Fred as a Cuban in a guayabera.
- I meet once a month with a book club that does not read any books....
- I love Beth Moore Bible studies. Amen.
- I think girl time is essential to my mental stability. I love my friends.
- I am addicted to Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Body Splash.
- I have kept a spiritual journal since I was in college.
- Before I got married, I lived alone for almost 20 years.
- I used to play the piano, but I never practiced after I started teaching, and now I don’t remember much.
- My favorite appliance is the Hoover Floormate — but I hate doing chores.
I am a work in progress. How about you?