How are things going with [insert name of my tough cookie here]? she asked.
“The same,” I responded. Nothing has changed. Her spiritual eyes are still darkened. She is seemingly deaf to the voice of the Lord. Her pace is steadily progressing on the road to destruction with no U-turn in view.
So, I sit in my office and cry out to the One who came to set captives free.
And He tenderly reminds me:
My love breaks every chain.
So I ask Him for an extra measure of His love to fill me up so that it overflows and opens up her sin-scarred heart to salvation.
How to Hear the Chains Fall:
- Forgive: Offer grace, not judgment. (Colossians 3:13; Romans 8:1)
- Pray: Get on your knees and put on your armor. Prayer is your only battleground. (Ephesians 6:10-17)
- Encourage: A kind word can soften a hard heart. (Hebrews 3:12-14; Isaiah 50:4; Colossians 2:2)
- Serve: Wash the feet of the captive. They might not even know they are covered in grime. (Matthew 7:12)
- Welcome: Jesus invited others in. He was a friend of sinners. (Romans 15:7; Luke 4:18)
Love paves the road to freedom, and my job is to keep laying down the asphalt.
Something to think about…
I’m sharing “Break Every Chain” with like-minded friends at Faith-Filled Friday.
Have you written something thought-provoking, challenging, encouraging, or inspiring lately? Link it up here! For best results, write the title of your post in the name box. 🙂
As a courtesy, please link back to 3-D Lessons for Life in your post. Grab and share the Thought-Provoking Thursday button to spread the word. Use #ThoughtProvokingThursday to share your post and connect on Twitter.
Check back later to see what other GREAT posts have been linked up! Visit the post immediately before yours and leave an encouraging comment.