I am disappointed.
You think you know someone, and then they turn around and behave in a way that completely kicks you in the gut and makes it hard to breathe.
This world is shifting sand.
Man will fail you every time.
I am so thankful that God is unchanging and true. Some people don’t believe that His Word is relevant to today. They cry foul because they think the Truth is narrow-minded and flawed.
The Word of the Lord is right. His precepts hold true yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
An unchanging God can be perfectly trusted to keep His promises in an imperfect, wishy-washy world.
His words are never empty nor void. His purpose always prevails.
How God’s Faithfulness Sustains Us
- He continues to love us, even though we aren’t very lovable sometimes (Psalm 36:5-9; Psalm 32:10).
- He completely forgives our sin (I John 1:9; Colossians 1:9-14).
- He protects us from evil (II Thessalonians 3:3; II Timothy 4:17-18).
- He strengthens us through suffering and temptation (I Peter 5:10; I Corinthians 10:13).
- He extends His unending mercy to us when we are weak (Psalm 86:5-7; Lamentations 3:22-27).
God’s Truth is solid to the core and sound from the inside out.
Heaven and earth will pass away, but His eternal Word is unfading.
His counsels and commands are good and glorious.
His promises will hold true.
Let God’s unchanging Word be your plumbline. His Truth forever breathes life and peace over His children.
Read Psalm 33. Take special note of vs. 18-19. God’s got His eye on you, and He’s ready to run to your rescue. His Word is at work all around you.
Listen to this extended worship song. Breathe a prayer of thanks to your faithful God who makes everything sound inside and out.
I am sharing “Inside Out” and joining like-minded sisters at Faith-Filled Friday, and Purposeful Faith’s RaRaLinkup, Rich-Faith Rising, and Testimony Tuesday.