It’s almost October. Wow! Wasn’t it just March yesterday? This year is flying by, and Fall has sneaked up on me.
I bet you I am going to blink a couple of times, and it will be 2016 just like that. So, before this year slips away, I am going to share a few tidbits that I’ve learned lately.
Lessons Learned in September:
- Friends who give sweet gifts are like sunshine on a rainy day. My friend Nina painted this beautiful butterfly for me.
- In honor of the upcoming new Peanuts movie, and you can “Peanutize” yourself and create a mini-me cartoon version of yourself by going here. (Don’t you love my pigtails?)
- If you read this blog, you know that I am a huge book nerd. In October, (in)courage is hosting a Fall Book Club, and we are going to read Emily Freeman’s new book Simply Tuesday. Yay!
- My hubby mentioned that he loved the American Gothic painting and suggested maybe we could find an artist who would paint us into the picture to display on the wall in our new home. I did a quick Google search and learned that art is very expensive. Instead of pulling out my wallet, I headed over to PicMonkey and decided to take a stab at it. This is when I realized that I may need group therapy for PicMonkey addiction.
- For my fellow Bible study nerds, I just discovered that all of Warren Wiersbe’s “BE series” commentaries are on sale at CBD in 6 volumes (all 66 books of the Bible) for an outrageously low price. Run here to buy (I am not making any money off of this one.)
- Periscope is the new thing. I got wooed onto this Live Video Streaming app by Crystal Stine as part of the 31dayers group, and she “almost persuadeth” me to do a scope myself. I might take the plunge in October as part of my 31 day series. Maybe. [Insert scream of fear here] You have to download the app to watch live. Follow me by looking up Lyli Dunbar or my twitter username @3dlessons4life. And in case you are wondering what I could possibly write about for 31 days, here is the big reveal:
- Forget the selfie stick. That’s so yesterday. Crystal’s Periscope pointed me toward a bluetooth remote that is the awesome sauce. Here Bruce and I are testing it out. I said, “Let’s test the new camera remote, baby. Smile.”
- Blab is the next new thing. This live video streaming format allows you to chat with 3 friends at the same time. (It’s kind of like watching an episode of the Brady Bunch squares.) I got wooed on there by Laura Krokos and will be chatting live with her, Joy Rudolph, and Jacque Kosmicki on Monday at 4 PM EST on the subject of “Living Missionally in Everyday Life.” You can join us and subscribe here. There is a Blab app, but it’s still in Beta form. The website is actually a bit more user friendly, in my opinion. You can follow me on blab here.
- Podcasts are fun! My friends Holly Barrett and Diane Bailey invited me to join them for the new Consilium Podcast. The Consilium is great community for women over age 45. To listen to my interview, head on over here. You can also join the Facebook group and make lots of great friends.
- Less is more. This month, my man and I have decided to slow down. We are saying no to busy and loud, and we are discovering that there is more intimacy with Jesus and with each other to be found in the quiet. A little unplugging is good for the soul.