For seven years, I dragged myself out of bed every morning and made myself go to work. The shards of my lacerated heart pierced my mind and darkness flooded every corner. I struggled to just breathe.
On the back wall of my classroom, the words of the psalmist spoke of healing in a position visible to me at all times. He heals the brokenhearted. Hour after hour, I stood at the front of the room and silently rehearsed that truth.
I reached out for His healing like a desperate woman burdened with a bandage soaked in blood.
With empty hands, I picked up the Word of Life. He slowly mended me stitch by stitch as I scoured its pages. Truth was the only remedy.
Once resurrected, I danced in white with heart beating wild and never looked back.
I thought I’d run wild and free forever, but since then my heart has been pummeled and patched up over and over again.
My tattered heart longs for heaven.
I live in the midst of the fallen ruins, but this world is not my home anyway.
Daily, I must surrender my broken heart to the One who creates beauty out of the ashes.
5 Remedies for Broken Hearts
- Focus on breathing: You need to slow down to avoid going into shock. Be still before Him. (Psalms 37:1-9)
- Wash your wound in the Word: Nothing else will stop the bleeding. Keep pouring the truth on your pain until the poison is washed away. (Psalm 119:9-11)
- Apply the salve of forgiveness: Spread His grace over your mess, rather than holding on to your hurt. It takes the sting out every time. (Colossians 3:1-13)
- Elevate above the pain center: Lift your hands and heart in worship. As you look up, your pain will begin to dissipate. (Psalm 107:19-22)
- Stay alert for signs of infection: Bitterness is a cancer. Uproot it before it takes hold of your heart. (Ephesians 4:25-32)
God can heal a broken heart, but you have to give Him all the pieces.
Something to think about…
I’m sharing “5 Remedies for Broken Hearts” with like-minded friends at Faith-Filled Friday.
Have you written something thought-provoking, challenging, encouraging, or inspiring lately? Link it up here! For best results, write the title of your post in the name box. 🙂
As a courtesy, please link back to 3-D Lessons for Life in your post. Grab and share the Thought-Provoking Thursday button to spread the word. Use #ThoughtProvokingThursday to share your post and connect on Twitter.
Check back later to see what other GREAT posts have been linked up! Visit the post immediately before yours and leave an encouraging comment.