Doubt strangles your breathing.
Focusing on your fears instead of faith will inflame your airways and make you hyper-sensitive to every passing wind.
Without proper attention, your labored, asthmatic breathing will tighten up your muscles unmercifully.
Panic will set in as your heart races with trepidation.
It’s vital to your spiritual health for you to keep your inhaler close by: a healthy dose of Truth applied directly to your lungs can help restore your breathing.
When your heart is hammering, slowly inhale the Word of life. Let it’s life-giving power seep down and cover every part of your mind, body, and soul.
Allow the Great Physician to restore you.
How to Resuscitate Your Faith
- Recount how far you’ve come. Look back at your life and make a list of every time God has carried you through a season of uncertainty and provided for your needs (Note how David does this in Psalm 143).
- Rehearse what you know is true. Write down a Scriptural truth that anchors you in faith. Meditate on it daily. (Psalm 27:1-3 is one of my favorites.)
- Relinquish your expectations for a trouble-free life. You live in a fallen, sin-saturated world. This is not heaven. Stop viewing this life as an extended vacation. Put your #ArmorOn daily as you step out into the war zone (Ephesians 6:10-18).
- Remember God is sovereign over your circumstances. Your God is always at work. He will redeem every single circumstance in your life for His Kingdom purposes (Psalm 103:1-14).
- Resolve to take one step of faith forward at a time. Don’t allow fear to swallow up your faith and paralyze you. Pray through the discomfort and determine to keep pressing in to Christ. He will give you the grace needed to make it through this day (Luke 6:25-34).
God will restore restful breathing as you apply the balm of His Word to your heart.
Read Acts 17:22-31. Remember the day that God first made your heart come alive in faith. Thank Him for the gift of life and breath today.
Never forget that God is an expert at bringing the dead back to life. Ask Him to restore your faith completely.
Something to think about…
I’m sharing “Resuscitate Your Faith” with like-minded friends at Faith-Filled Friday.
Have you written something thought-provoking, challenging, encouraging, or inspiring lately? Link it up here! For best results, write the title of your post in the name box. 🙂
As a courtesy, please link back to 3-D Lessons for Life in your post. Grab and share the Thought-Provoking Thursday button to spread the word. Use #ThoughtProvokingThursday to share your post and connect on Twitter.
Check back later to see what other GREAT posts have been linked up! Visit the post immediately before yours and leave an encouraging comment.