These are the days of….
- Cuddling in bed on a lazy Saturday morning
- Watching through the window for the squirrels to steal a peanut
- Hoarding a stockpile of free orange cranberry muffins
- Floating together in the pool under blue skies
- Holding hands and singing 80’s karaoke on a drive to nowhere special
- Stealing a coconut shrimp off mom’s plate and splitting a key lime pie
- Sitting quietly next to the blind man who taught you to see
- Worshipping side by side in the back left corner
- Invading the Moonlite diner after the service with stories to tell
- Playing peekaboo with a blond little sprite
- Pigging out on date night queso and chips at a tall table by the window
- Praying big and believing God’s going to move a mountain
What gives moments meaning is not the moments themselves but the presence of Christ with us in the midst of them.
~Emily Freeman, Simply Tuesday
Let’s Talk: Where do you see evidence of God’s kingdom in your everyday ordinary?
This journaling activity was inpsired by Emily Freeman’s wonderful book Simply Tuesday.
I am sharing “Simply Celebrate” and joining like-minded sisters at incourage, Give Me Grace, Still Saturday, The Weekend Brew, Spiritual Sundays, Faith-Filled Friday, Blessing Counters, Live Free Thursday, Tell His Story, Coffee for Your Heart, Testimony Tuesday, Purposeful Faith’s RaRaLinkup, Rich-Faith Rising, Sharing His Beauty, and Playdates with God.