Discussing current events gives me heartburn. We live in turbulent times.
We’re facing racial discord, radical terrorism, and a presidential race reminiscent of a Three Stooges episode.
In a world of “He who screams loudest wins,” I find myself wishing for a mute button.
Thankfully, I know that there is a Voice that thunders above all others. His powerful Word demolishes pride and deception. His Truth reverberates in desolate places and dismantles strongholds.
No scheme will knock my Champion off the throne.
His mighty arms envelop me with strength and peace today.
Fear not the unknown tomorrow, my friends.
Even when the wind blows fiercely, you will stand secure in His embrace.
How to Find Tranquility in Troubled Times:
- Turn down the noise: Unplug from the worldly chatter and connect to your power source.
- “Be still and know that He is God” (Psalms 46:11).
- Tune in to Truth: Renew your mind to thwart the enemy’s lies.
- “Then you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free” (John 8:32).
- Tend to your soul: Remember His faithfulness and count your blessings.
- “Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things He does for me” (Psalm 103:2, NLT).
Something to think about…
I’m sharing “Tranquility in Turbulent Times” with like-minded friends at Faith-Filled Friday.
Have you written something thought-provoking, challenging, encouraging, or inspiring lately? Link it up here! For best results, write the title of your post in the name box. 🙂
As a courtesy, please link back to 3-D Lessons for Life in your post. Grab and share the Thought-Provoking Thursday button to spread the word. Use #ThoughtProvokingThursday to share your post and connect on Twitter.
Check back later to see what other GREAT posts have been linked up! Visit the post immediately before yours and leave an encouraging comment.