This world is blaring like a megaphone.
Is it just me, or has the enemy of our souls turned up the volume button lately? How can I hear God’s still, small voice in the midst of the cacophony? I can hardly take a breath because I am struggling to think in a world gone mad.
I need to press pause on the pandemonium. I don’t have to listen to the hellish howling. I can step away and sit in the silence and wait for God’s wisdom to re-align my thinking.
In the midst of a holy hush, I will remember that God created this entire universe with a mere warm breath.
God breathes life into barren spaces.
He is breathing over my life with
- “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32). “The instructions of the Lord are perfect, reviving the soul” (Psalm 19:7).
- “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105). “The unfolding of Your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple” (Psalm 119:103). “The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life” (John 6:63).
- “Your laws are my treasure; they are my heart’s delight” (Psalm 119:111). “The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart” (Psalm 19:8).
- “Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled” (Romans 15:4).
- “Those who love Your law have great peace, and nothing causes them to stumble” (Psalm 119:165).
God’s Word fully equips you to face your day.
He speaks truth over man’s opinion. He warns us when we are winding down the wrong path. He teaches us how to transform our lives and respond righteously.
Let the Word of God be your truth finder in troubled times.
Read Psalm 19. Write down all the ways that God’s Word helps restore your life.
Listen to this prayerful song and breathe a prayer asking God to speak to you. His Word will teach your heart and heal your soul.
I am sharing “Truth Finder” and joining like-minded sisters at Spiritual Sundays, Faith-Filled Friday, Fresh Market Friday, and Blessing Counters.