I fought back tears as I hung up the phone.
I’d apologized, even though I hadn’t said anything wrong. I tried to act redemptively, but her vinegary response had deflated my spirit.
Rather than wallow in negative thinking for the rest of the day, I decided to press play on worship and tune into Truth.
I will say no to sour living. I choose to soar.
I recognize that the enemy of my soul seeks to defeat me by hurling fiery darts to wound me deeply until I’m paralyzed by anger and bitterness.
I must choose to remember His promises that affirm my heart, rather than rehearse lies that keep me bound in a stronghold of unforgiveness.
10 Scriptural Affirmations that Strengthen Your Soul & Help You Soar:
- I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).
- I am loved with an everlasting love by One who draws me with His lovingkindness (Jeremiah 31:3).
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).
- As I hope hope in the Lord, my strength is renewed. I will soar on wings like eagles. I will run and not grow weary. I will walk and not be faint (Isaiah 40:31).
- I do not have a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and sound mind (II Timothy 1:7).
- The Spirit of God that raised Christ from the dead lives in me (Romans 8:11).
- I dwell in the shelter of the Most High and rest in the shadow of the Almighty, who is my refuge and fortress (Psalm 91:1-2).
- I have everything I need for a godly life through my knowledge of God who called me by His own glory and goodness (II Peter 1:3).
- I will be blessed for persevering under trial and receive the crown of life for having withstood the test (James 1:12).
- I am victorious through Christ. I can always give myself fully to the work of the Lord because I know that my labor in the Lord is not in vain.
Rather than allow the enemy to steal your peace and squelch your joy, choose to strengthen your wings and soar above the clamor.
Something to think about…
I’m sharing “Soar” with like-minded friends at Faith-Filled Friday.
Have you written something thought-provoking, challenging, encouraging, or inspiring lately? Link it up here! For best results, write the title of your post in the name box. 🙂
As a courtesy, please link back to 3-D Lessons for Life in your post. Grab and share the Thought-Provoking Thursday button to spread the word. Use #ThoughtProvokingThursday to share your post and connect on Twitter.
Check back later to see what other GREAT posts have been linked up! Visit the post immediately before yours and leave an encouraging comment.